Google

Custom Search

Quality Providers, Jobs Online

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Monday, December 3, 2012

STOP: c000021a After Installing FlashGet

I'm no computer expert nor someone who have formal education in computers. I just get my way around fixing my computer by myself through google searches. But if things really get way out of what I can do then there's always a techie friend who's willing to really fix it up. Since I usually survive my computer problems through searching google for solutions, I decided to post something about what I encountered today. Hope this helps someone who encounters the same problem.

I tried to find a download manager yesterday and stumbled upon FlashGet. I downloaded the installer and after running it, my computer started to act up. It keeps on shutting down with a blue screen message saying:

stop: c00021a {fatal system error}

the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000005 (0x0000000 0x0000000).

the system has been shut down.

I started to google to try to fix things up and here's how I solved my problem:
  • Started Windows through Safe Mode. 
  • Opened ccleaner 
  • uninstalled FlashGet
  • scanned for registry issues and fixed everything that had something to do with FlashGet. 
My laptop is now is up and running!

No comments: