Google

Custom Search

Quality Providers, Jobs Online

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tagaytay: Taal Volcano

My son who is now on 1st Grade kept on asking "Mommy, saan ba may volcano?" (Mommy, where can you find a volcano?) and Tagaytay was the nearest we can go to and see a volcano. Though we were short on budget, my husband and I decided to bring the kids to Tagaytay.

Tagaytay is about an hour and a half drive from Metro Manila. People from the metro frequent this place because it is the nearest you can go to to experience a cooler climate, a very beautiful view of the Taal Volcano, with lots of interesting places to visit.

We took the usual route which was via SLEX (South Luzon Expressway) passing through Sta. Rosa, Laguna. As soon as we got to Tagaytay I pointed out to my eldest where the Taal Volcano was. He then asked "Bakit walang usok at yung pula na lumalabas sa volcano?" (Why is there no smoke and the red thing coming out from the volcano). He was quite expecting to see how the teacher described a volcano, an erupting volcano. :-) A little bit confused but he still insisted "Mommy, dapat kunan mo ako ng picture kasama yung volcano kasi ipapakita ko yan kay teacher." (Mommy, you need to take a photo of me with the volcano so that I can show it to my teacher.)

This was not the first time that we've been to Tagaytay but then it was quite a new experience again. Both my children are now more observant of the places we go to, naming landforms, asking questions on what they learn from school... This time our trip was a lesson on Civics... :-)


No comments: