Google

Custom Search

Quality Providers, Jobs Online

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Cyberspace Newbie Again --- Aaarrghhh! So much to read and learn!

Well, I've been online for almost the whole day now reading materials that will help me improve my site. Ooohhh, it is very tiring. There is just so much to learn, new terms I encountered, terms of service and policies to read and understand, and many more stuff that are totally new to me.

My famous line whenever someone comes up to me in the office asking how I learned to use the computer is "Well, by constantly using it". Computers and technology is something that you'll have a hard time catching up. Using a computer is a skill, if you don't use it then you'll lose it. It's just like driving a car or riding a bike. Since I was like 12 years old we already had a computer at home. Maybe I could say that though we're not rich we were lucky to have a computer at such an early stage of the computer industry in the Philippines which was around the very late 80's or early 90's. Of course, it was only MS-DOS, WordStar, Lotus, and the likes then. Then came MS Office, the internet, IRC, search engines such as altavista, e-mail, and so many new stuff. I have been in this technology thing for more than half of my life BUT today... I feel like a newbie again.

I think I lost touch when I started my own family. Ever since then, I mainly used the computer for work which is using MS Office and e-mail. I only used the internet for searching phone numbers for food deliveries, drug stores, and establishments that would satisfy our day to day needs. I did not have time to explore these new things like blogging, creating and maintaining a website, updating profiles, changing layouts and settings, etc. It's very difficult to get time when you're a wife and a working mom of 2 kids.

So this is really it... a start to my blogging experience. Wish me luck in learning again. I'm a NEWBIE --- again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well... What can I say?.. Good luck and welcome back to cyberspace...